Sunday, September 7, 2014

TEAR or TARE Bear CRITTER????

How do you say it ???  In my book it really doesn't matter.  Tomato - To-motto.

Those Critters are on the move at Sassy Scrapper and I want you to see it first HERE.

The technique of pulling and/or ripping apart homemade mulberry paper to achieve a furry look is now on the calender for a SEPTEMBER Workshop.

SEPTEMBER 20th  @ 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. we will learn about Mulberry paper, how to tear it, brush it and ink it.  I will help you create and assemble your critters to make a 2 page layout with each one: a Bear, a Crow and a Reign Deer.  You will also get my personal drawing of the pattern.  I made these patterns myself so that you can have it after the workshop is completed.

This workshop will be a great opportunity to get your hands on the extra thick mulberry paper, to play, and have fun.  I'm so excited to share these critters and everything mulberry.  I think they are some of my best yet.  I can't wait for you to see them.     SCROLL DOWN







#1) School Time Bear - it is a versatile 2 page layout that can be used for school days or "What's Cookin?"  Here we will start with head and face to get a fun cute affect for any bear or critter. You will learn to make the chalk board and it's frame.









#2) FALL FUN - another versatile 2 page layout that can be used for  the pumpkin patch, fall leaves, or a trip to papa's house (like mine).  Here we will learn how to alter chipboard to look like a fence rail. We will also work with the black mulberry paper (never done before at Sassy) using cat eye inks. We'll also focus on those cute eyes, noes and toes.











#3) Avoid CHRISTMAS tree branch CALAMITY -  another fun very versatile 2 page layout that can be used in whatever the event for Christmas.  I chose MY tree branch calamity.  We will work with the mulberry paper and I'll show you how to mimic a soft look, the effects of different colors of cat eye ink and the overall change in the mulberry paper.  We will also create a string of Christmas lights and a tree with your personal story of a Christmas Calamity (or not).




IF YOU live anywhere - here OR there - somewhere near Murfreesboro OR not BUT you are interested in this WORKSHOP.

CALL THE STORE ASAP (615)898-0050.  Space is limited.

Thanks again for  letting me share the fun.

~ Julie ~

No comments: